I’ve been using Hrady, Zámky a Tvrze Království Českého (“Castles, Palaces and Forts of the Bohemian Kingdom”) by August Sedláček as a reference work quite a bit recently. Rather than just constantly going back to the bookmarks, I thought I would post the links here, especially in case others were interested — it’s a very thoroughly researched reference work!
The work is divided into fifteen (15) volumes, conforming loosely to the provincial boundaries of the old Bohemian Kingdom of the Middle Ages:
- Chrudimsko – https://archive.org/details/hrady-zamky-tvrze-1-chrudimsko
- Hradecko – https://archive.org/details/hrady-zamky-tvrze-2-hradecko
- Budějovsko – https://archive.org/details/hrady-zamky-tvrze-3-budejovsko
- Táborsko – https://archive.org/details/hrady-zamky-tvrze-4-taborsko
- Podkrkonoší – https://archive.org/details/hrad-zamky-tvrze-5-podkrkonosi
- Podbrdsko – https://archive.org/details/hrady-zamky-tvrze-6-podbrdsko
- Písecko – https://archive.org/details/hrady-zamky-tvrze-7-pisecko
- Rakovnicko a Slansko – https://archive.org/details/hrady-zamky-tvrze-8-rakovnicko-slansko
- Domažlicko a Klatovsko – https://archive.org/details/hrady-zamky-tvrze-9-domazlicko-klatovsko
- Boleslavsko – https://archive.org/details/hrady-zamky-tvrze-10-boleslavsko
- Prácheňsko – https://archive.org/details/hrady-zamky-tvrze-11-prachensko
- Čáslavsko – https://archive.org/details/hrady-zamky-tvrze-12-caslavsko
- Plzeňsko a Loketsko – https://archive.org/details/hrady-zamky-tvrze-13-plzensko
- Litoměřicko a Žatecko – https://archive.org/details/hrady-zamky-tvrze-14-litomericko
- Kouřimsko – https://archive.org/details/hrady-zamky-tvrze-15-kourimsko
Volume IV deals with Táborská Vysočina, that is, the portion of Vysočina that’s physically located in Bohemia, while Volume XV actually covers Kouřimsko, Vltavsko and the south-western of Boleslavsko.
New long-form blog posts coming up soon!